Packing Tips for Travelers. Security Travel Purse. Travel Locks and more.
5 Best Packing Tips
- For many of us, the heaviest item we pack is shoes. So to keep your luggage light, take only 2-3 pairs and wear one the heaviest on the plane. I often wear my athletic shoes on the plane and pack the black dress shoes.
Remind yourself: “When in doubt, leave it out.”
Women; limit the number of large bottles of shampoo, cream and cosmetics. Yes, take the time to pour what you’ll need into small plastic containers and buy small toothpaste, creams, etc.
- Honestly, there’s no way to stress this too much. Pack everything you think you need, then cut it by 50% or even 75%. The only way to do this is to pack in advance. Start a few days before departure and you’ll discover you will take out more and more items as departure day approaches
- Pack All your chargers for cell phone, ipad, camera, laptop in one ziplock bag. If you’re traveling overseas pack power plug adapters for your appliances. NOTE: Increasingly cruise lines are offering plugs in the staterooms that will accommodate 110 and 220 voltage.
- Pack your valuables or that you can’t live without in your carry-on: cell phone, contact lenses, medicine, camera, jewelry. I suggest you leave the family heirlooms at home. Expensive or expensive looking jewelry makes you a target for thieves.
- A smile and a sense of humor go a long way: Be patient and friendly to airport personnel, fellow travelers, foreign residents, immigration officials and everyone you come in contact with. Generally people are eager to help you and officials will treat you better if you’re cheerful.
I often shop online at LeTravelStore. That’s where the security travel purse with the slash proof straps and bottom was purchased.
Visit http://www.PackingMadeEasy.com for more packing tips, packing lists, and videos from Marybeth Bond, the Gutsy Traveler!
About the Author: Marybeth Bond, the Gutsy Traveler, National Geographic author of 11 travel books, featured guest on The Oprah Winfrey Show and founder of the Online Travel Magazine www.GutsyTraveler.com She has been featured over 1,000 times on TV, radio and print. She is a Contributor to CNN, CNN Airport Network and CNN.com Speaker, spokesperson, author, travel expert, Marybeth, the Gutsy Traveler walks the talk. She's an adventurer; biked two months across the USA, traveler to over 90 countries, media travel expert for CBS News, CNN, ABC, NBC, NPR and National Geographic.