- Over the next few months, Alaska Airlines, American, Delta, Frontier, Southwest, Spirit, and United will begin service to Havana from 10 U.S. cities: Atlanta, Charlotte, Fort Lauderdale, Houston, Los Angeles, Miami, Newark, Orlando, New York, and Tampa. Both American Airlines and Delta Air Lines received clearance to fly direct to Havana.
- Some travel companies, like Cuba Travel Network, are rolling out new premium services into all itineraries starting in early December, 2016.
- Think the unthinkable: working cell phones, Cuban pesos on arrival, local phrasebooks — everything a traveler might not necessarily expect to need in Cuba
- Everyone is welcome. There are new itineraries aimed at LGBT travelers, travelers interested in focusing on Rum & Cigars, Art & Architecture, etc.
Cuba’s Spring Festivals:
- Spring is a festive period for Cuba with the yearly Habanos Festival annually (February to March)
- Organized by the official state cigar company, Habanos, S.A., festival events include factory visits, dinners, lectures, tastings, & rare cigar auctions
- Havana hosts the Celebration of Classic Cars featuring parades, lectures, mechanical workshops, etc. (March)
- Cuba is often cited as one of the few countries in the Western Hemisphere that have significantly prevented widespread dissemination