Ten Things to Do Before an International Trip.
Before beginning a long trip, I review my checklists. I hope they help to make your packing and planning easier.
For the Airplane
1. Silicon ear plugs.
2. Eye Shield.
3. Warm sweater.
4. Comfortable Socks.
5. No Jet Lag Pills. Begin taking them as soon as you board. Emergenc-C or AirBorne tablets are immune system boosters I u
- Put my passport, itinerary, important contacts and business papers in my carry-on bag.
- Pack the computer charger, camera charger, and all necessary connection cables.
- Research online to find what wall plug (and/or converter) I’ll need for the country where I’ll be going and pack it.
- Sign up for an international phone and date usage plan with my cell phone service provider.
- Call the Credit Card companies to notify them of my travel dates and destinations so they can monitor if there are unusual charges on my accounts.
- Cancel the newspapers.
- Send members of my family and a trusted friend a list of my itinerary and places where I can be reached in case of emergency.
- Arrange for someone to water the plants and take care of the dog. Prepare pet food and treats, as well as my contact information in case of an emergency.
- Upload a few good books, movies and a travel guide (book or app) on my laptop or ipad.
- Put a “Stop Delivery” on the mail. You can do this online at www.usps.com
“Breathe deeply” I tell myself and start packing clothes ,shoes, jewelry, cosmetics, night gown and all the rest.
Filed Under: Packing Pointers
About the Author: Marybeth Bond, the Gutsy Traveler, National Geographic author of 11 travel books, featured guest on The Oprah Winfrey Show and founder of the Online Travel Magazine www.GutsyTraveler.com She has been featured over 1,000 times on TV, radio and print. She is a Contributor to CNN, CNN Airport Network and CNN.com Speaker, spokesperson, author, travel expert, Marybeth, the Gutsy Traveler walks the talk. She's an adventurer; biked two months across the USA, traveler to over 90 countries, media travel expert for CBS News, CNN, ABC, NBC, NPR and National Geographic.