Getting sick while traveling can put a damper on all your plans. This is how you you can minimize the germs you are exposed to.
1. Above all use hand sanitizers often.
2. Don’t put your head down on the food tray in an airplane to sleep.
3. Don’t put your bread or snack directly on the food tray in an airplane.
4. Wipe down the remote control in your hotel room. Or use the plastic bag in the ice bucket to cover the entire remote control
5. Avoid going barefoot in the airplane or a hotel room.
“Four out of six tray tables tested positive for the superbug methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA), and norovirus, the highly contagious group of viruses that can cause a miserable one- or two-day bout of vomiting, diarrhea and cramping, was found on one tray. Most of the bathrooms he swabbed had E. coli bacteria. Thirty percent of sinks, flush handles and faucet handles had E. coli, as did 20 percent of toilet seats, according to his research.”
For more go to: http://gutsytraveler.com/health-tips-for-women-travelers/
In case you missed this article in the New York Times Travel Section, March 2, 2011