Five Ways to Stay Healthy When Traveling
Getting sick while traveling can put a damper on all your plans. This is how you you can minimize the germs you are exposed to.
1. Above all use hand sanitizers often.
2. Don’t put your head down on the food tray in an airplane to sleep.
3. Don’t put your bread or snack directly on the food tray in an airplane.
4. Wipe down the remote control in your hotel room. Or use the plastic bag in the ice bucket to cover the entire remote control
5. Avoid going barefoot in the airplane or a hotel room.
“Four out of six tray tables tested positive for the superbug methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA), and norovirus, the highly contagious group of viruses that can cause a miserable one- or two-day bout of vomiting, diarrhea and cramping, was found on one tray. Most of the bathrooms he swabbed had E. coli bacteria. Thirty percent of sinks, flush handles and faucet handles had E. coli, as did 20 percent of toilet seats, according to his research.”
For more go to: http://gutsytraveler.com/health-tips-for-women-travelers/
In case you missed this article in the New York Times Travel Section, March 2, 2011
About the Author: Marybeth Bond, the Gutsy Traveler, National Geographic author of 11 travel books, featured guest on The Oprah Winfrey Show and founder of the Online Travel Magazine www.GutsyTraveler.com She has been featured over 1,000 times on TV, radio and print. She is a Contributor to CNN, CNN Airport Network and CNN.com Speaker, spokesperson, author, travel expert, Marybeth, the Gutsy Traveler walks the talk. She's an adventurer; biked two months across the USA, traveler to over 90 countries, media travel expert for CBS News, CNN, ABC, NBC, NPR and National Geographic.